Independent Electrical Contractors
Fort Worth/Tarrant County Chapter
Distance Learning Apprenticeship and Training Program for Electricians
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and provide proof.
- Applicants must provide proof they have completed four years of high school or successfully passed the GED equivalent.
- Applicants shall be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program without posing
a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a State of Texas Electrical Apprentice License and provide proof (www.tdlr.texas.gov).
- Applicants must have transportation to work and school.
- Male applicants must be registered with Selective Services or have proof of exemption.
- Applicants must regularly work at least 50 miles from the training center.
- Applications are accepted: Through September 1, 2017
- Applicants can submit their application and all necessary documents through email or fax 817-496-8555.
- Contact Hank Strittmatter at 817-496-8422 or email@example.com for application information.
Length of Apprenticeship
- Four years which includes a minimum of 8,000 of on the job training and a minimum of 576 hours of classroom work.
Minimum Required Documentation To Be Scheduled For Interview
- Documents that establish identity and employment eligibility (usually a drivers' license or photo ID and a birth certificate or social security card).
- Proof they have completed four years of high school or successfully passed the GED equivalent.
- Proof they are able to obtain a State of Texas Electrical Apprentice License.
Additional Documentation (if applicable)
- DD214 (if veteran)
- High School Transcript (if any)
- Letters of Recommendation from previous or present employers (if any)
- Evidence of previous experience in the electrical field (if any)
- All documentation must be received prior to the interview. Applicants will be interviewed by IEC staff via telephone.
Before Placement into Program
- After completion of interview, applicant must take and successfully pass a ten panel urinalysis drug screen.
- September 1, 2017 the minimum starting wage is $11.50 per hour with periodic raises based on the current wage scale.
- $750 per semester paid at the beginning of the semester and the cost of books is $450 plus shipping. These costs are non-
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity in Apprenticeship and Training for all applicants who meet the qualifications of the program. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information call 817-496-8422 or go to our website at www.iecfwtc.org. Information subject to change.