New Page 1
Independent Electrical Contractors
Fort Worth/Tarrant County Chapter
Apprenticeship and Training Program for Electricians
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and provide proof.
- Applicants must provide proof they have completed four years of high school or successfully passed the GED equivalent.
- Applicants shall be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a State of Texas Electrical Apprentice License and provide proof.(www.tdlr.texas.gov)
- Applicants must have transportation to work and school.
- Male applicants must be registered with Selective Services or have proof of exemption.
- Applications are accepted:
September 12, 2017 - November 30, 2017 for the class that starts in January 2018.
- Applications are accepted Tuesday through Thursday from 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- Applications must be filled out at the IEC Chapter Office located at 5809 East Berry St., Fort Worth, TX 76119.
Length of Apprenticeship
Usually four years which includes a minimum of 8,000 of on the job training and a minimum of 576 hours of classroom work.
Minimum Required Documentation To Be Scheduled For Interview
- Documents that establish identity and employment eligibility (usually a drivers' license or photo ID and a birth certificate or social security card).
- Proof they have completed four years of high school or successfully passed the GED equivalent.
- Proof they are able to obtain a State of Texas Electrical Apprentice License.
Additional Documentation (if applicable)
- DD214 (if veteran)
- High School Transcript (if any)
- Letters of Recommendation from previous or present employers (if any)
- Evidence of previous experience in the electrical field (if any)
- All documentation must be received prior to the interview.
- Applicants who meet the qualifications of the Apprenticeship Program and provide required documentation will be interviewed by the Apprenticeship and Training Committee at a specified date.
Before Placement into Program
- After completion of interview, applicant must pay IEC a drug test fee and successfully pass a drug screen.
- At this time, the starting wage is $11.50 per hour with periodic raises based on the current wage scale.
- Based on interview score, applicants will be referred to a contractor member for a job interview and potential employment. Employment is not guaranteed, however if the applicant is hired by a contractor, the applicant will be registered to the Apprenticeship and Training Committee as soon as possible.
- The cost to the apprentice is currently .36 cents per each hour of on the job training. (Example 40 hours x .36 = $14.40)
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity in Apprenticeship and Training for all applicants who meet the qualifications of the program. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information call 817-496-8422 or go to our website at www.iecfwtc.org. Information subject to change.