High School Training Program
IEC Fort Worth/Tarrant County Chapter partners with high schools offering a path to a career in the electrical trade with high pay and great benefits. The High School Career Training Program, which is approved by the Texas Education Agency, is available for students in high school.
Students who attend the class offered at their high school can complete the first year of the four-year electrical apprenticeship program. Upon successfully completing the high school program, students can move into the second year of our program.
- Students attend at least 148 classroom hours of instruction toward the four-year program
- Successful completion earns the students the First Year Electrical Apprentice Certification, approved by the Texas Education Agency
- Potential for part-time employment with electrical contractor members of IEC
- Students can be hired full-time by the contractor when they graduate from high school
- IEC offers high schools flexible methods of instruction based on the needs of the school
- College credit is available for students completing the four-year program
- No cost to the student for the high school program
Current High School Training Partners
- Millsap High School
- Trimble Tech High School